Friday, September 5, 2008
THE BIG O: Poppers
WARNING: SOAPBOX OPINION. This is a matter of raw thought and opinion. What you choose to do in your bedroom is your own business as what I do in mine is my business. Please be advised.
Poppers. What the fuck are they? "Poppers" are various forms of alkyl nitrites, which are used for sexual and recreational purposes through direct inhalation. The nitrates apparently relax the body's muscles, including the sphincter muscles of the anus, and cause the blood vessels to dilate.
When blood vessels dilate, blood pressure drops, but the heart rate increases and blood rushes to the brain. This creates an rushing effect of heat and excitement, which is said to enhance sexual pleasure.
I have never tried poppers nor do I plan to, so I can't comment on whether they're effective or not, but I can tell you that I cannot think of a more unsexy thing to do in the bedroom. Really.
In the heat of the moment, while taking our clothes off, opening the condom package and lubing up, the LAST thing I want to do is wait for a guy to unscrew a black cap to a small brown bottle, block one of his nasal passages and inhale like Lindsay Lohan at Club Whore.
First of all, I take poppers as a slap to the face. I don't know about you, but if I'm not good enough to bring upon an exhilarating sexual experience, what's the point in doing anything at all? Light some candles. Buy some massage oil. Try some foreplay. Shouldn't that work?
Maybe not. If you ask me, poppers are the cure for the male erection and they're SUCH a daddy/bear thing to do. Ew!
If we're cuddling while watching a movie, do I REALLY want his bottle of poppers is poking me in the side? Not cute. If I cut my finger and go into the medicine cabinet for a band aid, do I really want to deal with knocking over 6 bottles into the sink?
I think not.
If you're a frequent popper user, that's totally on you. I'm just letting you know what it looks like from the outside looking in, 'cause it looks like you're snorting coke. And the red rim it leaves around your flared nostrils isn't necessarily sexy either.
So, before you pull out the brown bottle to dilate your asshole, veins and eye pupils, think about the reverse effect it's having on your partner!
Poppers. What the fuck are they? "Poppers" are various forms of alkyl nitrites, which are used for sexual and recreational purposes through direct inhalation. The nitrates apparently relax the body's muscles, including the sphincter muscles of the anus, and cause the blood vessels to dilate.
When blood vessels dilate, blood pressure drops, but the heart rate increases and blood rushes to the brain. This creates an rushing effect of heat and excitement, which is said to enhance sexual pleasure.
I have never tried poppers nor do I plan to, so I can't comment on whether they're effective or not, but I can tell you that I cannot think of a more unsexy thing to do in the bedroom. Really.
In the heat of the moment, while taking our clothes off, opening the condom package and lubing up, the LAST thing I want to do is wait for a guy to unscrew a black cap to a small brown bottle, block one of his nasal passages and inhale like Lindsay Lohan at Club Whore.
First of all, I take poppers as a slap to the face. I don't know about you, but if I'm not good enough to bring upon an exhilarating sexual experience, what's the point in doing anything at all? Light some candles. Buy some massage oil. Try some foreplay. Shouldn't that work?
Maybe not. If you ask me, poppers are the cure for the male erection and they're SUCH a daddy/bear thing to do. Ew!
If we're cuddling while watching a movie, do I REALLY want his bottle of poppers is poking me in the side? Not cute. If I cut my finger and go into the medicine cabinet for a band aid, do I really want to deal with knocking over 6 bottles into the sink?
I think not.
If you're a frequent popper user, that's totally on you. I'm just letting you know what it looks like from the outside looking in, 'cause it looks like you're snorting coke. And the red rim it leaves around your flared nostrils isn't necessarily sexy either.
So, before you pull out the brown bottle to dilate your asshole, veins and eye pupils, think about the reverse effect it's having on your partner!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL well said... As someone who's never so muched as smoked a cigarette, let alone tried any form of "drugs" (apart from liqour), I have to confess to having had poppers thrust on me in the heat of the moment. The effect was one of "so what?" on my part. I'd prefer to have control of all my senses when "in the heat of the moment" - otherwise, what's the point...?
Post a Comment