Saturday, January 17, 2009
Looking Ahead
Now that 2008 is long gone (and thank God for that), I decided to make some serious internal and attitudinal changes necessary for the new year. Generally speaking, the past 365 days were rough. Dating was a complete failure, my job took a downturn and a few clients cheated me out of some money. Now, it's time to make some changes.
For starters, I've come to an epiphany: I am NOT for sale and I am NOT for rent. I shouldn't have to make a sales pitch in order to convince a guy that I'm worthy. If anything, it should go BOTH ways, and when the right guy comes along, he'll fight for me just as much as I'll fight for him. Period!
I should not be feel bad or be embarrassed by my dating preferences. Yes, I like white and Latino men and on occasion, other ethnic groups will draw me in. That doesn't mean I'm prejudice, close-minded or shallow. I like what I like and I want what I want. Period. No more feeling bad about it and no more beating myself up.
I need to be more honest with myself and be more straight forward about what I want. In most cases, I settle for less than I deserve and get burned. If I have to be a little more selfish and shallow, so be it. If a guy can't brush his teeth, nope. Not for me. If a guy can't control his hormones. Nope. Not this guy. It's a new year.
There you have it.
For starters, I've come to an epiphany: I am NOT for sale and I am NOT for rent. I shouldn't have to make a sales pitch in order to convince a guy that I'm worthy. If anything, it should go BOTH ways, and when the right guy comes along, he'll fight for me just as much as I'll fight for him. Period!
I should not be feel bad or be embarrassed by my dating preferences. Yes, I like white and Latino men and on occasion, other ethnic groups will draw me in. That doesn't mean I'm prejudice, close-minded or shallow. I like what I like and I want what I want. Period. No more feeling bad about it and no more beating myself up.
I need to be more honest with myself and be more straight forward about what I want. In most cases, I settle for less than I deserve and get burned. If I have to be a little more selfish and shallow, so be it. If a guy can't brush his teeth, nope. Not for me. If a guy can't control his hormones. Nope. Not this guy. It's a new year.
There you have it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment