Sunday, November 23, 2008
BITCH-N-MOAN: Doctors
I don't know about you, but whenever I go to see the doctor for something as common as the sniffles or a sore throat, they automatically assume I've been sucking dick. It's bad enough having to come out, let alone come out to a complete stranger who's in charge of monitoring your health, but it's even worse when your doctor tries to diagnose you as a whore.
There have been a few times I've gone to see the doctor about a bad sore throat or a sinus infection. A simple prescription will take care of the problem, but the doctors that know I'm gay will jump right into asking me about my sex life. Sometimes as far as how many sexual partners I'm involved with or if I swallow. The doctors I have not come out to will ask typical, generic medical questions, such as "are you currently on any prescribed medications." Now, why is that?
Are gay men so vile and disgusting that we have our own set of prerequisite medical questions? DAMN. Can't I just have a cold? Why do I have to be sucking all this dick?
Don't get me wrong, I can be a bad boy at times, but God damn it -- I'm very responsible with who I sexually get involved with! I'm not a chronic dick sucker for Christ's sake and hearing things like gonorrhea, syphilis or chlamydia is really frightening, especially when I'm not fucking around... I get sick, like every human being does. What does sucking dick have to do with a runny nose anyway?!
Please tell me I'm not alone here.
There have been a few times I've gone to see the doctor about a bad sore throat or a sinus infection. A simple prescription will take care of the problem, but the doctors that know I'm gay will jump right into asking me about my sex life. Sometimes as far as how many sexual partners I'm involved with or if I swallow. The doctors I have not come out to will ask typical, generic medical questions, such as "are you currently on any prescribed medications." Now, why is that?
Are gay men so vile and disgusting that we have our own set of prerequisite medical questions? DAMN. Can't I just have a cold? Why do I have to be sucking all this dick?
Don't get me wrong, I can be a bad boy at times, but God damn it -- I'm very responsible with who I sexually get involved with! I'm not a chronic dick sucker for Christ's sake and hearing things like gonorrhea, syphilis or chlamydia is really frightening, especially when I'm not fucking around... I get sick, like every human being does. What does sucking dick have to do with a runny nose anyway?!
Please tell me I'm not alone here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
LOL... It's at times like this I'm glad to live in politically correct Britain, with a state-funded health service. Your problem, my dear, is that American doctors are self-employed, and can say and do as they wish.
There's so much about America that I love, but your healthcare is truly barbaric...
You can say that again. Sometimes people are just so God damn reactionary and I'm getting sick of it. When it comes to gay health, it seems like medical common sense goes right out the window. Hence, a gay man with a sore throat is automatically assumed to have sucked a sour dick the night before and contracted gonorrhea. That makes no damn sense whatsoever!
Thanks for reading and commenting, Kaos!
Post a Comment